Richard José Castillo plays at Class A Advanced Florida State League team: PALM BEACH CARDINALS (an organization of San Louis Cardinals). The league site is www.palmbeachcardinals.com
Rhiner A. Cruz is pitcher with Savannah Sand Gnats, a Class A south atlantic league, withing the New York Mets organization. His numbers are at this website: www.sandgnats.com
Aritz Garcia (see interview) plays infield for the College Team Colby Trojans and soon for the Bulldogs at the Triple Crown League in Fort Collins, Colorado. You can follow him at http://www.triplecrownleague.com/
And some of best Spanish stars have signed in 2009 for Italian top teams: great prospect Jorge Balboa and Fernando Gutierrez are pitching for Rimini, while Yoel Hernandez and Remigio Leal are perfoming for Nettuno, with national catcher Dewis Navarro. Follow Italia Baseball League at http://www.fibs.it/
MAY ALL STAR TEAM
MALONE K (AST)
UT: PEROZO H (NAV)
CARRILLO M (SBO)
GRANADILLO A (INA)
MARTINEZ D (BCN)
SALAZAR JL (SBO)
MARTINEZ D (SBO)
SANCHEZ D (SBO)
MIQUELEIZ J (BCN)
BOULET N (MAR)
(FC Barcelona and El LLano lost one place by Federative Sanction)
INTERVIEW WITH FRANCISCO DESPAIGNE,SANT BOI's MANAGER
Francisco Despaigne is the Cuban manager of Sant Boi. He has been coaching for Spanish Teams last years (Viladecans, and currently Sant Boi), so he knows perfectly Spanish Baseball:
* What’s your opinion about 2010 Spain National League?- Well I think this year is more or less like past editions, with 6 teams of a similar high level, but 2-3 teams with a lower level, which don’t offer the resistance enough needed to make good games and improve the quality of La Liga.
* Which team is expected to be your strongest opposite team in the road to title, FC Barcelona, or do you expect a better 2nd round by Marlins? - At this point FC Barcelona is the nearest team for us, but Marlins will surely give lot to say in the second half of the season: they get a good and completed team, with veteran players, and this will help in the key games for sure. But San Boi is playing game by game, step by ste in search for final victory.
* Games between FC Barcelona and Sant Boi in the first round were reported to be highly exciting and tied:- Yes, these 2 games were hard and nice, cause they faced the two undefeated teams in La Liga at that moment. We managed to get two wins that are giving us the leadership.
* Marlins seem weaker than 2009 or the other teams are stronger than last season? - Maybe Marlins is needing a player in the infield and in the outfield, but they will improve for second half of La Liga, for sure. But it is true that some teams have raised, like Beisbol Navarra: this team, though needs to correct some little details, is stronger than last year, and even San Inazio is a strong team. These ones, together with FC Barcelona and Sant Boi, are offering a good level for La Liga 2010.
* Sant Boi pitchers –Junior Guerra and Algimiro Guanchez- are at the top in stats ranking, among the best: have Sant Boi succeed in reaching these acquisitions?
- Yes, it is always said that if you have good pitchers and a solid defensive team, then you have a winning team, and Junior and Algimiro in fact are two strong pitchers, who give us excellent performance and lot of victories.
* The next challenge for Sant Boi is the European Cup (2-6 June in Czech Rep.), played in 2 groups: the 2 best teams will play the Final Four in Barcelona, next September: how do you face this Competition? - Yes, it is a hard competition, cause you play among all the teams, so we need many good pitchers, and this is the specific matter we are working on now, to be able to reach a good result there, bringing the victory for Sant Boi and for Spain.
* Thank you very much, Francisco, and good luck for Sant Boi!- Thank you for this interview, and regards for all Sant Boi and Baseball fans!